So why Acts 29? It is the continuation of the book of Acts...we, His people, are chapter 29. So, one of the best sermons preached by one of my favorite pastors and friend was yesterday morning. He explained Acts 29 and instead of preaching a sermon we were going to be the sermon. He worked it out with our local food store and they were ready for Edgewater Alliance Church (all 400 plus people) to shop for our local food pantries and pregnancy center. It was an incredible site!
So thankful for the bountiful blessings that come from loving and serving my Lord and loving and serving my community. On this day, I had another extra special honor. Right in the parking lot of this store was a woman who needed a different kind of love. She needed the love of a mother, a sister, a woman. Something so horrific had happened in her world, she came to our church looking for someone to minister to her. One of my pastors introduced us and off I went. Left my husband and sons at the store and she and boyfriend drove me away so that I could talk with her in private. We were strangers, yet I held her in my arms, prayed for her and loved on her...one Mom to another. When she left she was uplifted by the love of Jesus and the hope we find in Him alone. When I got home, my phone rang and it was an older woman who is a member of another church in our town, yet comes to Bagels & Blessings regularly. She and I talk and pray frequently. She called to tell me her 91 year old mother died suddenly on Friday. She cried on the phone as I approached the Throne again. We ended our conversation with worship and thanksgiving, so thankful to be doing this journey of life together.
As I reflect on a pretty perfect Sunday and a beautiful palpable sermon...I continue with my 1000 Gifts..my list of gratitude.
Thank you, my precious Lord and Heavenly Father for..
210. The blessing of giving.
211. Opportunities to love one another in different ways.
212. An amazing church family and gifted Pastor who hears from the heart of God.
213. Beautiful weather for wonderful walks with my super family!
214. The gift of time...learning to treasure it every day.
215. Your incredible provision.
216. Binding up the brokenhearted.
217. Healing wounds too deep to even imagine.
218. Friendships that span generations.
219. Tears that are caught by you...because only you know what to do with them. ♥