Brendan took this picture outside on our front lawn on the evening of Saturday, October 15th. He came rushing into the house with my camera so excited to show that he captured the Lord's gift to him on film. A few minutes later the scene totally changed...so capturing the beauty of the moment felt...rare. I believe it was Confucius who once said, "Everything has its beauty, but not everyone sees it." So it can indeed feel rare. Last week I purposed myself to spend the day trying to find beauty in everything. I will tell you this, it is much like practicing gratitude, it totally changes your perspective on everything. Life just felt lighter, smelled better and sounded sweeter.
Thus my lead in to continue to write out my 1000 Gifts.
Thank you Father for...
190. The beauty of both the sunrise and sunset.
191. A family full of people finding their passions.
192. Hope when my physical body is failing me.
193. Big bearlike hugs from my man.
194. Your Word that is like a balm to my soul.
195. Friendships that brings immense joy.
196. Freedom that rings in my home after many years of not resounding at all.
197. Our pets that brings us a unique kind of joy.
198. The coolness of the change in season, albeit slowly here in Florida.
199. The quiet sounds of early morning when I spend my time with You!
"And whatever you do, in word or deed, do everything in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through him." Colossians 3:17 ESV