Friday, October 21, 2011

The Cookie Chronicles 3rd Ed.

Cookie #9
October 20, 2011
Chocolaty Drop Cookies
Shane's Choice

I am realizing that chocolate cookies do not photograph well with a smartphone. Someday perhaps I'll invest in a real camera. Anyway, its not about the photography, its about the memories. These cookies are Shane's pick. He actually chose these cookies last time, but I couldn't find mini M&Ms...they sell them at Walmart, just not the food stores. So these cookies were highly anticipated by my cute little rock star of a superhero.
What fun we had planning this day. Our friend Mrs. Michelle came to help me spruce up my blog, you will notice a difference eventually, she is secretly working her magic behind the scenes right now. We cannot have Mrs. Michelle over and not have a party. It is kind of a tradition with my boys. The last time she came, we sat in their mess of a bedroom and had a fantastic party with music, games and a granola bar cake. Good memories. She is a very special lady, and we just love her. You can catch her blog right here.

To make it even more special, it really was her birthday just the day before. So we treated her to flowers and a balloon and Whole Wheat Apple Cinnamon Muffins, as well as peanut butter and honey sandwiches. I know we really go all out! :) While the boys were pining for her attention I was able to finish the cookies. These may look like really yummy kid friendly cookies, but I must be honest, only one of my children (Shane) really loved them. They are not sickeningly sweet, I think it has more of a dark cocoa flavor..goes very good with coffee. Mr. Incredible loved them, but my twins had no problem saying they were NOT bad cookies, but...not their favorite. The picture below makes me laugh because I totally have another picture of Michelle doing that very thing. It's a sign of love for the cookie...I promise!  

Not sure who will be trying these cookies yet, but I want to update and let you know that last week (after publishing the 2nd Edition), we were able to deliver a butterfly net to another friend as well as a sampling of the Cherry Vanilla Drop Cookies....
..they were a hit! We are thrilled to share the love! That is what it is all about, the memories around the cookies! We have realized that there is always a reason to celebrate. Maybe its not your birthday or a holiday, but it is a new day and it is a day that the Lord has made, so we rejoice in Him and that is reason enough to celebrate. So how are you going to celebrate your day today? Let me know, and in the meantime stay tuned to the next edition of The Cookie Chronicles and remember to celebrate something today...because we all need a little sweet now and then.

No comments: