Saturday, October 8, 2011

I Really Need To Spend More Time Here

Hi, my name is Lisa a.k.a. Superhero Mom (remember that is a Mom of Superheros, I myself am not super Mom). I've been absent and I wanted to reintroduce myself!

Writing is a strange thing. I just have to get into the habit of coming here and not other sources of media (or maybe in addition to other sources of media) to journal what has been going on in my life.

So much has happened since July! God has moved in mighty ways! I have eyes that are starting to smile and a love that is being rekindled. There is freedom where I felt shackled and heart that is beginning to soar! I have a renewed hope and a refreshed spirit! Are there challenges and trials?...well of course. This is a fallen world after all. It is a good thing too, because if everything were rekindled, renewed and refreshed all the time, we wouldn't need to constantly rely on the One who gives us strength, courage and endurance.

So, preparing for Bagels & Blessings is amazingly rewarding, but time consuming as well, hence the lack of time to come and write. Homeschooling brings on the same challenges, not to mention that I'm required to read at least 30 chapters a week for my Life Transformation Group and I have children who are older now and like to utilize their computer time. But alas, this is what brings me the greatest joy...writing...journalling..recording my memories and thoughts. So, I crave this special time.

Interestingly enough, I have found that with my new life circumstances I have a greater desire to spend more time in my living room...with my men. I'm trusting the Lord to work all of this out. So, I want to share, I want to write and post pictures of what is going on in my life again...just because I love it! So...

...if I'm not here writing...I'm not gone forever...I'm just...
Homeschooling 3 boys..a 5th grader (and no I don't feel smarter than a 5th grader), a 4th grader and a 3rd grader..in a one room school house. ♥

or I'm...
Spending time with my superheros...just having FUN making memories and learning LIFE!

or I could be...
Making memories with Mr. Incredible...enriching the love that God has given me in a best friend and husband!

or I might just be doing this....
..because it is my goal to do this once a week...children's choice..each kid gets to pick a different cookie every week.

or (you might want to sit down for this one)...I just might be doing this...

Because I'm trying to bless my husband while he does this...

Just kidding..I mean this...
Mike is studying to be a nurse! So there are times when I'm in charge of the kitchen. (At this time you can pick up your jaws off the floor..I know it is a shock.)

So you get the idea. There are numerous pictures I could post..pictures spending time with friends, reading, studying...partaking in life..now just to fit this back into the scheme of things. I'm gonna work on it! Stay tuned!

4 comments:

Tiffany said...

Glad you are back. I like the rekindle part. I'm however trying to find that balance that once was there. Or maybe I should say trying to find a new way of living in the season that I'm in. You inspire me. I will keep reading , you keep posting.

Aleatha said...

oh good because I love reading your thoughts. Glad your back

Michelle said...

Glad you're back! You post and I will read, you always inspire me and your words point me to the cross. Love you dear friend and enjoy living the life of homeschooling boys through your photos and words.

Allison Reynolds said...

Woohoo!! I have been waiting for you...