Monday, October 10, 2011

Graditude & Hope


I mentioned on Saturday, at Bagels & Blessings that one of the ways to have hope in the midst of hopeless times is to do what it says in Psalms 118:24 "This is the day the Lord has made; let us rejoice and be glad in it!" Give thanks for good days present and past - both ordinary good days and the special, breathtaking, moment-of-truth good days. I believe it was Thomas Kinkade ( could totally be wrong on that) who once wrote: "Good days are like shining lampposts dotted along our paths to help us see the way to God."

Either way I know when I'm focusing on what I'm grateful for it is like a medication prescribed just for me, to keep me my heart hopeful, joyful, and at peace!

To remind my friends where this all began you can my last list by clicking here on 1000 Gifts. However, to remind you what this is all about it's a list of 1000 things that we are grateful for - things that we may even take for granted. It was started by Ann Voskamp and she put forth the challenge for us to take a look at what the Lord has so graciously lavished upon us. Perhaps if we took on this challenge of thinking about what we are grateful for and naming them one by one, we would have less time to complain and less time to fear. The Bible says "Every good and perfect gift comes from the Father above" so I have started intentionally pondering the gifts that God has already given me in my 42+ years. Care to join me?

Thank you Lord for:

180. Who you are...my hope..my everything.

181. Providing for our every need.

182. Allowing my children to see you in practical ways..(like Jesus in skin mowing my lawn)

184. Giving me fellow climbers who journey this mountain of life with me.

185. Preserving your story, my testimony despite lies and slander that once hit me so hard.

186. Telling me to move out of the way so you can have Your way.

187. Giving me eyes to see and ears to hear!

188. Your faithfulness in the ministry you've called me to..thank you Holy Spirit for showing up every single time!

189. The very personal, rich relationship that we share...I love you too!


2 comments:

Caroline said...

I just might have to do this... as always, thank you for just the right words at just the time I need to hear them.

Carolyn said...

I just love the thankful list, it is such a heart changing experience, especially when the days are tough,
Blessings,
In His joy,
C xx