As with everything else in my life, I am learning that thankfulness is built on trust. When we are having difficulty in finding something to be thankful about, we really should check our foundation of trust. Simply, if we are trusting in the Lord, we must know He is going to come through with His very best. When thankfulness flows freely from our hearts and lips, I believe it draws us closer into His presence - I have in fact experienced this on many occasions. The secret in the art of giving thanks in all circumstances is to see how many times we can thank Him daily. Really, it awakens us to a multitude of blessings! Plus, there is the added bonus, which is ever present in my life, of the fact that when we open the door and "Enter with the password: "Thank you!" Making ourselves at home, talking praise. Thanking Him. Worshipping Him" (The Message), it cushions the impact of trials when they come up against us - and you know they do...all the time!
So, here I am opening the door to His Presence. Continuing on in the 1000 gifts list, and saying Thank You Lord for:
169. Your ever present Holy Spirit, continually pointing me to You!
170. Trials. They make us stronger.
171. Grace. Exactly when we need it and just enough of it too!
172. Time to learn to be disciplined...time with Him!
173. The smell of fresh cut grass - reminds me of life!
175. Your hand of provision....never too short.
176. A strong foundation of trust.
177. Joy. In the midst of sorrow...a paradox only the Living God can produce!
178. Kyle. A boy who reminds me how Big God is!
179. A husband found on his knees in prayer.