Thursday, March 19, 2009

Erin Go Bragh!

Brendan Callahan, Kyle William, Shane Patrick

Ireland Forever! No I'm not Irish..but my husband and my children are! So, we celebrate!

This is the first year we didn't have Corned Beef and Cabbage...I won't tell you what I made (it wasn't Irish at all...but it was low fat and low calorie...LOL!) I usually make Mike Irish Soda Bread...yea...poor guy...I didn't make that either. Instead Shane and I made the infamous "Rainbow Cake", low sugar, low fat...fun...but not so yummy! My kids loved it that is all that mattered to me!
Here is a recap of our St. Patrick's Day!

You can't tell by this picture, but we started our day off with green milk. YUM!


Shane Patrick Engel...serious chef!





The cake fell apart coming out of the pans...so there was no way to make this a double tiered cake...but hey two cakes are better than one right? HA! Look a science experiment!

It was a cool affect! The whole rainbow thing!

We listened to some Irish music all day...cranked up the volume when Daddy came home from work. We invited Meme for our "non Irish, low fat" dinner and interesting dessert. Went to bed learning about the real St. Patrick. Ahhh...again...fun...had by all!

2 comments:

Michelle said...

I wondered about the cake- that's why I modified it. We finshed it off at youth group plast night. We too hear the St Patrick story every year!

Anonymous said...

Looks like St. Patrick's Day was fun in the Engel home! I am curious about the low fat, non-Irish mystery meal...
Kathleen