Tuesday, July 15, 2008

It's All About the Marshmallows!

Brendan is happily camping, so I heard! Ms. Jamie was kind enough to give me a buzz today as she was sitting on the beach with the children at church camp under her charge.(Her call, I'm sure, has nothing to do with the fact that she called yesterday before he left and caught me crying) Brendan is doing great! He made it through his first sleep over EVER! He loves his camp counselor and he is swimming in the lake, diving off the dock, he had a part in a skit (he was a holy--no holey knight), heard a missionary speak, had some worship time and went to the snack shack and is loving his time at camp. Not a word of missing Mom. boohoo!

So Kyle, Shane and I are having our own set of experiences. My boys were a little jealous that Brendan got to go, and more than likely enjoy a gigantic bonfire and roast marshmallows. (That is what we do during our Women's Retreats up at the Lake) Well, we were not going to let Brendan have all fun fun!! No way!


Yup! Here we are on the grill roasting our marshmallows! It was fun and yummy! So eat your heart out Brendan - we are going to do this every night that Brendan is gone (or as long as the marshmallows last)! We are making some fun memories of our own. We went to the Jumpy Place - OH MY! What fun!! I forgot my camera! Don't worry we will go a few more times I'm sure!! We went for a long walk last night and we stopped at our Pastor's home, refueled and kept going. The boys wanted to keep going and going and I knew what was going to happen. "Mom, I can't take another step - please I have to stop!" "Mom it's starting to get dark!" Yes, we walked so far, we couldn't make it home! Ring ring.....Hi Aleatha? (My good friend and sista) Ummmmm...can you come get us?" What fun!

We miss Brendan, but this is good for everyone! I think I might send them all to camp next year -- OH JUST IMAGINE WHAT THAT WOULD BE LIKE! AHA HA HA HA HA!!!

1 comment:

Barclay 5 said...

wLisa,

Maybe a trip to Florida in late March. Just starting to think about Disney and my kids - such fun! We are going to D.C. end of July and a trip to Great Adventure. Then, three weeks in Hilton Head at the end of August/ first week in September.

I am thinking of Brendan (and his sweet mommy) this week and praying that all involved will experience such joy and peace, protection too!

As an aside, my email is TracyCBarclay@gmail.com -so send away!

Love you, XO