Sunday, May 11, 2008

Happy Mother's Day

Here is a little glimpse into Mother's Day Week with the Engel family.

On Thursday, Shane had a special Mother's Day Tea at his school. We danced, we heard a great story and we had tea and cookies. Then, Shane took me out to eat. He told the waitress, "This is my special date with Mommy, so I'm paying OK!" She was obviously very green with envy as she handed the check to Shane and said "You know I'm available for dates too!" Shane went and paid the bill and we went shopping. It was a wonderful, memorable time!

Brendan went to "Fire It Up" with some homeschool friends and made me a beautiful coffee mug! I totally love it!! He knows me so well!

Kyle planted seeds and made me a very cute flower pot with actual flowers growing up "Look Mom it's growing up just like me!" - Thanks for the flowers and the tears Kyle! Love it!Today Kyle and Shane made cute wind chimes in Sunday School (sorry no picture)!
As is our tradition, we invite Mike's Mom to have Mother's Day dinner with us. It gives us all time to spend with her, after all, we are thankful for "Meme" if it wasn't for her we wouldn't have Daddy! If we didn't have Daddy, we wouldn't have 3 amazing boys! Mike made us Mahi Mahi with Mango salsa and some kind of little black beans and jasmine rice! OH MY GOSH! He is the best cook EVER!!!
I had a wonderful, relaxing day with my family and I couldn't be more thankful. If you'd like to see my other blog about Mother's Day feel free and click here. It will be up tomorrow morning.

1 comment:

Barclay 5 said...

Hi Lisa!
Happy Mother's Day to a super mom! I am going to be starting a blog - actually I am at Amy's, and she is tutoring me in the ways of blog. I'm so excited to be able to keep up with the goings on of my favorites, the Engels!

Love you so and miss you too!
Tracy XO