Thursday, February 2, 2012

Perspective

Why is trust so difficult?  My friend Denise posted something on Facebook that I just had to share. I'm not sure who wrote the piece..but I thought how perfect.

After just watching Soul Surfer for the second time, I was able to really hear some of the great truth that she spoke, both in her raw moments and in her confident moments. There was a point when she wondered why did God allow her to be bitten by that shark and to lose her arm, her dream, her "life as she knew it would be."

When I think about tomorrow I have to remember not to worry about it. This certainly isn't what I would have chosen for my family...the more difficult road. The road in which we must struggle to get by, the one that to the human eye seems impossible. NO! But with Him..all things are possible!  Every morning I have to lay it down. Lord, you have my steps, my open doors, my closed doors. You have a plan and it is good. PERIOD! I must trust! He has never failed me..NEVER not once! TRUST.

Then today, a couple of my boys were just having a rough day. I reminded them that life is not easy sometimes. In fact sometimes life is down right hard. So what do we do I asked my boys.."What do we do when life is tough?" "We pray! I guess we should pray Mom!" Yes, we sat at that table today and we prayed. We gave it all to the Lord. It is no good giving if we don't TRUST!

Sometimes things happen and we think...Wow! Really?! Meanwhile, if only we could tear back and look through to the heavenlies....what is going on behind the scenes..how exactly is God working this out for us..his children. Because I can guarantee you this...He is working it out - and it is for our good!

Enjoy the rest of this post...I did not write it..I'm "reposting" it from my friend on Facebook. I thought it was a clever way for us to get perspective!

Me: God, can I ask You a question? 


God: Sure 


Me: Promise You won't get mad ... 


God: I promise ... ... ... 


Me: Why did You let so much stuff happen to me today? ... ... 


God: What do u mean? 


Me: Well, I woke up late 


God: Yes 


Me: My car took forever to start 


God: Okay 


Me: at lunch they made my sandwich wrong & I had to wait 


God: Huummm 


Me: On the way home, my phone went DEAD, just as I picked up a call 


God: All right 


Me: And on top of it all off, when I got home ~I just want to soak my feet in my new foot massager & relax. 
BUT it wouldn't work!!! Nothing went right today! Why did You do that? 


God: Let me see, the death angel was at your bed this morning & I had to send one of My Angels to battle him for your life. I let you sleep through that 


Me (humbled): OH 


GOD: I didn't let your car start because there was a drunk driver on your route that would have hit you if you were on the road. 


Me: (ashamed) 


God: The first person who made your sandwich today was sick & I didn't want you to catch what they have, I knew you couldn't afford to miss work. 


Me (embarrassed):Okay 


God: Your phone went dead because the person that was calling was going to give false witness about what you said on that call, I didn't even let you talk to them so you would be covered. 


Me (softly): I see God 


God: Oh and that foot massage, it had a shortage that was going to throw out all of the power in your house tonight. I didn't think you wanted to be in the dark. 


Me: I'm Sorry God 


God: Don't be sorry, just learn to Trust Me.... in All things , the Good & the bad. 


Me: I will trust You. 


God: And don't doubt that My plan for your day is Always Better than your plan. 


Me: I won't God. And let me just tell you God, Thank You for Everything today. 


God: You're welcome child. It was just another day being your God and I Love looking after My Children...  

1 comment: