Monday, January 23, 2012

Metamorphosis

A child's description of change!
If we look at where we were and where we are today...can we see change? Is it for the better or for the worse? I love reflecting. I've learned a lot in times of reflection. I can totally see where I have changed...some for the better and some not so much. When we don't change...we must be stagnant. I want to be moving forward..changing..growing..learning. I think that is what gratitude does for me. Keeps me moving forward..keeps me hopeful.

So I continue penning the words of my grateful heart...my list of 1000 Gifts...

Father, I thank you for...

260. Friends. Of all walks of life, all ages, all different personalities...keeps my life so colorful!

261. Laughter. Joy that floods my heart and home.

262. Perspective. I am not where I want to be, but I'm not where I was...thank you for times of growth.

263. Fire. The Holy Spirit who burns in me, keeps me ablaze to shine the love of Jesus to everyone I come in contact with.

264. Purpose. In You I live, and move and have my being. In You I have purpose.

265. Feelings. Though fickle and unreliable, they make me move, they stir something in me...to change, to recreate, to reach out.

266. Love. The unconditional love from You, my husband, my children and the love you have lavished so freely upon a fallen world.

267. Rest. I am neglectful at times to get my proper dose...so those are the times You are faithful to remind me....of my need for rest..for my body, my soul, my mind.

268. Change. Your River flows and brings refreshing...it is a mighty river...when I start my days with you I am aware of the current and how desperate I am for You to keep me moving, changing, growing...no moss growing here. I'm jumping in!

269. Worship. Our true and intimate friendship..the one that we share..together..Oh how I'm thankful for our relationship...I love you too Lord.

Amen!

1 comment:

Michelle said...

the practice of being thankful, one of the greatest practies to have