Thursday, November 25, 2010

Happy Thanksgiving 2010

I tossed and turned about what to write. I wanted to pick up with my "1000 Gifts" posting, but then I get stuck in this rut where I feel the need to be creative with my writing and making sure it is meaningful and purposeful. However, that is why I'm writing a book..this is supposed to be the place where I keep my journal..my life...my happenings..so we don't forget. So here it is!

Traditionally we make this peppermint bark...really to help ring in the Christmas season. We try to do it on Thanksgiving Eve. Here are some pictures from last night!


Actually there is something so rewarding about crushing those candies...not sure what it is yet..
Look at the intensity on Kyle's face! A little outlet perhaps for pent up aggression? Who knows?? hehehe!!

Anyway, after two days of cooking, my husband does an amazing job, we have the traditional Thanksgiving fare with my cousin from Jacksonville..as is our tradition. She makes the best stuffing! Above you can see we didn't go without dessert...that white washed picture would be the boys peppermint bark & my terrible photography!

As we sat around the table here is some of the things I heard:

I'm thankful for Jesus and how much He loves us all.
I'm thankful for my wife.
I'm thankful Jim & Ilene get to spend Thanksgiving with us every year!
I'm thankful for my Mom & Dad
I'm thankful for Mike & Lisa and that we are able to spend this special day with them and their boys.
I'm thankful for God's provision in our lives.
I'm thankful for gift of homeschooling my children.
I'm thankful for my children.
I'm thankful for this turkey and all of this amazing food.
I'm thankful for our friends and family.
I'm thankful for my brothers, I always have friends to play with.

William Bradford, when he was first elected governor of Plymouth Rock, said that they were going to set aside a day every year to give thanks to the Lord for His provision. I'm glad that we do the same...I'm glad too, however, that we don't have to wait until Thanksgiving to give thanks to the Lord.

Give thanks to the Lord, for He is good & His love endures forever!

Here is my personal portion of 1000 gifts...

Thank you Lord for...

135. Every way you provide for every need (as sometimes it is not how we think).
136. Close snuggle time with my most precious gifts of all.
137. The ability to homeschool my precious gifts.
138. Friends and family that love each other for who they are.
139. Your gentle reminders that my body needs to rest.
140. The warm sunshine on my aching body.
141. The miracle of unconditional love.
142. The comfort of a nice new pillow.
143. The faith of a child who prays and waits for God to answer.
144. The TRUTH from God's Word that is ever so sustaining.
145. The freedom to read my Bible every single day of my life.

No comments: