Tuesday, November 23, 2010

The Attack

I was recently going through some of what I have written for my book. I'm thinking if this book ever gets written I'll be glad (even if I'm 92 when I finish it!) I noticed that I had written a piece about divorce. Most likely (since it was 2007 when I wrote it) it was because I had just been going through an incredible time as I noticed an onslaught of attacks on marriages. Prior to my best friend's divorce 4 years ago, I had never really gone through such a thing. I mean, I knew people who were divorced, I even had people in my family that were, but I had never really experienced it up close and personal. My parents weren't married, so that really didn't even count.

Around that time, the Lord had brought 9 women across my path with troubled marriages -- all at one time. I had no idea their marriages were struggling (I didn't even know some of these women), but for some reason, the Lord knew, each one confided in me and I had a huge burden to lay at my Father's feet! I prayed for each one. I cried many tears. I rejoiced at reconciliation and I mourned the loss of loved ones through divorce.

It is now 4 years after that time in my life, and it is just like the enemy, he is still trying very hard to dissolve relationships. His lies are still the same!! Since then, I have had to walk that very difficult walk, yet again, with several very close friends and loved ones!! It is not easy..but I'm burdened more than ever to pray like never before.

In less than a month, I will have been married for 20 years to my husband. He is my brother in the Lord, a child of God, my best friend, my confidant, my covering, and much more to me. I pray for Mike all the time. Friends, I encourage you to pray for your Sons, Husbands, Fathers, Grandfathers, Sons-in-law. I found this video of.....well....my favorite story teller...Mark Schultz. I thought it would encourage all of us to pray.

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land." 2 Chronicless 7:14

It is no big secret that the Enemy of our souls seeks to devour our marriages, our relationships, let's not let him have his way! It's not just marriages you know, its relationships - Mother/Daughter, Father/Son, Sister/Brother, you get the idea! God is well able to heal the hearts and lives of the ones we know and love who are struggling out there. He may not answer in the way we hope or think would be best, but He is the business of restoration, and for sure HE knows best. I have seen the hand of God at work in the lives of so many women, I Stand in awe of God. As I said before, some reconciled, some have not, some are still working hard, but the common thread - GOD IS STILL ON HIS THRONE, He is still in control.

So lets pray for one another ok!

There used to be a great video...all I can find now are the words...but they are powerful!

1 comment:

Caroline said...

As always, I know why I was led to you, and as I knew, you would be a Godly woman, one that shares words that I want, or need to hear. Thank you Lisa...