Thursday, December 10, 2009

While Some Were Shoveling Snow....

We were shoveling sand. That is right, after school yesterday, my boys and I headed straight for the beach. I try to do this as much as I can in the winter...just because one of the things I disliked the most was scraping my car windows when they were icy and I really didn't enjoy shoveling tons of snow just so the snow plow guy could come and block me in again.

So we went to the beach for a couple of hours. We walked and walked and my children got wet (of course) because how could you possible find the perfect shells if you didn't get close to the water.

The boys dug holes 'till the hearts content and I sat in the sand in the warm sun. Ahhh...it was peaceful. Then we went for a walk and collected a nice amount of shells which we put in a jar to remind us of our winter sand adventures! We will be adding all winter! OH...I love Florida in the winter!

Don't worry, I haven't gone off the deep end. I know that snow is beautiful and fun too. In fact I really want to drive my boys up to Georgia or South Carolina if I hear that there is going to be a good amount of snow. I figure we could do it in a day. One of the sad sights at the beach is when my boys get this wet sand and pack it, and then the roll it in the dry sand, like a snow ball. They throw them like snow balls (only not at each other, because that would make a mess). So they would love to see snow...my Shane has never seen snow and my other boys were too little really to remember it. So we will hopefully see snow at some point this winter, but for now, I'm enjoying the fact that we have beautiful sand!

1 comment:

Michelle said...

Yes sand balls. They hurt like a snowball if you get hit with one! Try building a sandman, similar to a snowman- do your best it'll be fun! I hope you do get to drive to see snow, my boys are getting a NH vacation this winter thanks to my dad! They'll have a blast in the cold fun!