Monday, December 7, 2009

Monday's Menu

The pressure is on. My Weight Watchers friends wrote down my blog address this past Saturday, so now I absolutely MUST get my menu on screen. It is always on my refrigerator, but since Thanksgiving, I have had very little time to type. (I also have to share a computer with my three superheros...so squeezing some quality screen time in..is not so easy these days!)

Remember if you add anything like butter to your veggies, you have to count that too. I typically do not, however when I do I always count it. We use the Smart Balance butter and it is 1 point for a whole tablespoon. I rarely use that much!

Monday:
Pork Chops & Potatoes in Creamy Gravy
6 WW points
Click Here for the Recipe (I did include a picture though!)
Tuesday:
5 Spice London Broil, Green Beans, Yam
3 oz. of lean beef for 4 points, 7 oz of yam for 3 points = 7 WW points
(I don't use butter on my veggies, just a little salt & pepper)

Recipe to follow (since Bev did request it!)

Wednesday:
Biscuit Topped Chicken Casserole with a Salad
1 1/2 Cup serving for 6 WW points

Thursday:
Grilled Pork Chops, garlic mashed potatoes and green beans
I rub some adobo seasoning and throw these on the grill. (BOGO at Winn-Dixie this week)
3 oz pork chop for 4 points, 3/4 cup of garlic mashed potatoes (WW recipe) for 3 points = 7 WW points

Friday - Crock Pot meal: (This is a GREAT winner in my house)
Meatloaf with Mushroom Tomato Sauce - from the Slow Good Cookbook
Garlic Mashed Potatoes (left over from Thursday)
Broccoli & salad
1 slice of meatloaf with 1/4 cup sauce is 3 points so this meal = 6 WW points

5-Spice London Broil
Weight Watchers TurnAround Cookbook

1 1/2 teaspoons chili powder
1/2 teaspoon paprika
1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
1/8 teaspoon cinnamon
1 lb. lean London Broil

(I put mine on the grill...the recipe calls for the broiler)

Simply combine all the spices and rub it on the meat. I let it stand for about 15 minutes and then place it on the grill. It is really that simple. My family likes their meat a little pink...so just keep an eye on your time. Remember to let the meat stand after you take it off the grill so that the juices don't all run out on you. Slice it thinly on an angle against the grain.

Enjoy...let me know what you think...leave a comment if you would like me to post a recipe! Don't forget to check out my friend Michelle's blog for more menu ideas!

No comments: