Sunday, April 5, 2009

Toto, I Don't Think We're In Kansas Anymore!


I am starting to feel like I've entered some time warp. Well, it was almost like being over the rainbow! Since my 40th Birthday Party, and my Birthday at Disney World with my friends from NJ...and now yesterday, I feel like I have been having so much fun! Oh, there were issues that fell between all these fun and amazing things, like my son not wanting to come home from school, my severe/advanced kidney infection, along with others, but boy, I think that is what made these recent events in my life taste even sweeter! So thank you Lord for trials, it makes the victories even that much more rewarding.

My friend Carla, gave me a date with my husband for my birthday gift! Is there a Mom of young children out there that doesn't think that is an awesome gift! Mike and I went to Mount Dora Florida! It was simply and utterly wonderful! So close your eyes and pictures this...hmmm...hard to do when reading huh? Well, imagine the smell of orange blossoms, that is what welcomes you as you enter the little historic town of Mt. Dora. Then as you look through the trees you see lakes. This little town is situated in a county that has 1400 named lakes. Back it the height of its day, citrus was the major industry in the area with most of it coming from Mt. Dora. Well, today it is known for it antique shops and local food. It is a quaint little getaway that is only an hour drive from our little home by the beach! It is just what I needed this weekend and I won't be forgetting this trip for a long time. You want to join me as I walk down memory lane? Here we go:
Here we are getting ready to be "Dora Explorers!"

We started out by having a light lunch at the Garden Gate Tea Room, a little frilly for my husband, but he even admits the food was awesome! A great place to go with the girls!
We had a blast at the antique car show! So much fun! There was an old band playing traditional turn of the century music! Great time for history lovers like us!
Mike with Lake Dora behind him!

It was a Sailing Regatta at Lake Dora.


I stink when it comes to cars...I know it is a Ford!

Mike's grandparents had this same car a Corvair...theirs was not a convertible.We cannot go to any place without scoping out the Irish stores. It comes with be married to a decendent!

The original jail house and fire department. Cool huh?
Just cute and artsy! Something I'm not so I appreciate it!
We ended our day after walking around for 6 hours with tired feet and hungry bellies! Here we are at a brand new restaurant: Copacabana, you know....

the hottest spot north of Havana....well, it isn't the one that Barry sang about but, the food was authentic and delicious! The staff was definitely Cuban and we ended our night with a cup of cafe cubano. Just like the old days in NJ! OH what a wonderful time we had! I can't wait to go back again!






4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you've found your "Peddlers Village" of Florida! Glad you had a good time! Kathleen

Michelle said...

Looks like fun!

Barclay 5 said...

Yay for you and Prince Charming. I am really missing you tonight, don't know why...maybe your name popping up unexpectedly. Anyway, love you...how are you, BTW? Thanks for sharing your own run-out-of-gas tale...I'm glad we are in the same club, LOL! Have a most blessed Easter my sweet friend. xo

Marisa said...

What a great birthday gift! Glad you had a great time!