|Live starfish caught by Brendan at his Middle/High School End of Summer Party. (We threw it back..don't worry)|
So often people say, "I wish I could be a fly on your wall or one of your students in your homeschool." Well, now is your chance. Today was our first official day of school. When the new curriculum comes, it is impossible to let it sit on the shelves all summer long and not read some of it. SO, we're a little ahead on our read alouds and readers, and we did a little brushing up on our math before today, but really today marked our first official full day of school. It was AWESOME! So come in, be a fly on the wall, check out what happens on a typical day at Superhero School.
Revive Our Heart Ministries.
Well, I hoped you enjoyed your peek into our school day. Everyone is sound asleep..and I'm about to be there too. Before I retire I wanted to continue my gratitude list...1000 Gifts...if you follow the link in each blog you can see its been awhile since I've posted on my gratitude list. It doesn't change how grateful I have been and remain. As I reflect on the events of this day and the end of our summer...
I am so thankful for...
300. His Word that is indeed a light on my path
301. His love for me...I'm a precious pearl worth pursuing.
302. Uncharted territory, albeit, pubescent hormones, unreached people groups, new foods...we don't go through one thing without Him being totally aware and present.
303. Love and sacrifice.
304. His example of both.
305. Skills that have grown and sharpened.
306. Multiple chances to be encouraging to my husband
307. Time spent with friends
308. Time spent with Jesus.
309. Time in His Grace.
310. The Holy Spirit that resides in us is the same spirit that raised Christ from the dead...we have power from Him...thankful that we can use it to pray for the lost.