Saturday, April 30, 2011

Problems Welcome

Welcome, welcome...problems, storms, trials! Welcome! Come right in! I'm crazy right?! No! I've just seen enough of those things to know that they are not always as bad as they appear. The truth is, the Bible tells us we will have troubles...so we might as well figure out how we're gonna deal! If we choose to, I know we can welcome problems and storms as perspective lifters. We are human, after all, and I know that when we encounter problems with no immediate solution, our response to that situation can take us either up or down. For example, we can lash out at the difficulty, resent it or feel sorry for ourselves. Ever do that? If so you know which direction that brings you...down! Straight down into a pit of self-pity. I've been there before! Don't like it so much!

Alternatively, the problem, storm or trial could be viewed as a ladder...
...enabling us to climb up and see our lives from the Lord's perspective. Viewed from above, the obstacle that frustrated us is only a light and momentary trouble. Once our perspective has been heightened, you can look away from the problem, storm or trial altogether. I choose to turn toward my Father in Heaven, and see the Light of His Presence shining upon us! Which do you choose?

Psalm 89:15 " Blessed are those who have learned to acclaim you,
who walk in the light of your presence, LORD."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi,
I was wondering if you had any advertising or guest post opportunities available on your site? I would love the opportunity to work with you and I look forward to hearing back from you.
Thanks,
Emily
--
Emily Patterson
Communications Coordinator
Primrose Schools
epatterson@primroseschools.com