Thursday, February 4, 2010

Pushmi-Pullyu & Pizza!!

We are all about learning here in the Engel home!! I have been reading "The Story of Dr. Doolittle", by Hugh Lofting, to Kyle and Shane and they just learned about the Pushmi-Pullyu today. Hence the picture above. Of course, you all know that it is the now extinct, rare two headed-horned animal, which are in the same family as the Abyssinian gazelles and the Asiatic chamois and a decedent of the unicorns. ::wink--wink:: It is a really fun book, especially for animal lovers!

Well, as I mentioned, my children aren't the only one's learning. Mom is learning too! I recently took a cooking class at my church and I have been practicing what I've learned. (The kitchen really isn't my favorite place...I'd much prefer reading a book or playing a game on the floor)!! I have made three meal suggestions from my teacher, Pat Howard...her smothered pork chops, chicken in the crock pot and lastly...my boys made their very own pizza!

Shane spread the sauce...

Brendan sprinkled the cheese....Kyle was appalled that there was cheese on pizza....hmmm...he thought when he said "PLAIN" he meant "NOTHING" on it!


Even my neighbor joined us in the fun. That would be Kyle blowing a kiss to the pizza, because it was going to take a miracle for him to eat pizza with cheese...what???

Seriously, doesn't that make your mouth water?! The whole family ate dinner! Yes even Kyle! He gave us the thumbs up! It was fun, CHEAP, and so yummy. I wouldn't personally know, because I must confess, I didn't eat this....way too many points for me! But it made me happy nonetheless, because I didn't hear this: "Umm..this is not my favorite" or "You are kidding me about having to eat that right?" or my personal favorite..."OH, if I have to try that I must have the bucket in case I get sick!" Yes, even Pop and Mike liked it! Next time the only thing I might change is...I'll have to have my children make 2! Not bad for under $3.00 huh?

No comments: