Saturday, January 2, 2016

Hope Incarnate - My Anchor


Yesterday I revealed that my word for 2016 is Hope. In light of that I want to meditate on that daily. In a commentary that I read this morning it said that our hope enters the inner sanctuary, behind the curtain. That's the little room that symbolized the very presence of God, but people were not allowed to enter it. But HOPE can.

You see our hope, Christian hope is not exhausted by what it sees of earthly possibilities. It reaches into the very presence of God. It has nothing to do with what is going on in the world, or our lives at this moment. It has everything to do with penetrating right into the holiest place, the inner sanctum of God's presence where it anchors itself to HOPE incarnate.

I love the verse in Hebrews 6:19 "We have this HOPE as an anchor for the soul, firm and secure. It enters the inner sanctuary behind the curtain."

That's where my hope is resting right now. In Jesus Christ...Hope incarnate. Listen, when God gives His word, He cannot lie. Your hope, my hope therefore cannot be misplaced if it is in Him...it is anchored!

1 comment:

Sweet cakes said...

That is my life verse! :) I love! :)
The very essence of the word HOPE is so deep. We need to understand what Jesus wants it to mean to us. Its not a word on a Christmas card, or just a "spiritual word"..its deep and routed in our spirit, heart and mind..that really does anchor( keeps us at peace) us when the world does not make sense..
oxox :)