Monday, October 19, 2009

The Creator & The Created

"You are worthy, O Lord, to receive glory and honor and power; for You created all things, and by Your will they exist and were created."
Revelation 4:11 NKJV

I live in the Sunshine State. I have beheld the beauty of a sunrise over the ocean, the sunset over the river, some of the most beautiful shells upon a sand that is so soft!


When I use to live in NJ, my husband and I would frequently visit The Metropolitan Museum of Art. Oh I how loved the Impressionist wing (I loved the entire museum, but was always drawn to this part in particular). To stare at an actual Monet or Manet or to gaze longingly at a Renoir...it would take my breath away! I studied the paintings and learned about the artist. It was thrilling and inspiring.

To gaze upon the beauty all around us, the glory that shouts praises to its Creator, is in many ways far more thrilling and inspiring because I have a personal relationship to the artist. For how could you watch the sunrise or see a hawk coast above your head for what feels like an eternity without being inspired and grateful to the Creator.

Today I am grateful for the beauty that I behold every day.

Romans 1:20 "Since the creation of the world his invisible attributes are clearly seen."


holy experience

No comments: